Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday & My 21st Birthday!

     I am so excited to be starting this new branch of Love Lacey blogs! I got the idea to do this after wanting to include some personal pictures and comments about the day on my beauty blog. I figured why not make a separate place to share some of this stuff with you guys! This page's content will be photos from holidays, vacations, special days, etc. You'll get to know my family and friends and hopefully me a little better! To start this blog off with a bang here is everything that went down on this Easter Sunday.

Easter and my 21st Birthday!
     Jerome, my mom Lori, and I all dyed about three dozen eggs Saturday night in preparation for today. If my dad could have been there you would definitely see him in this photo! He has actually been in and out of the hospital for the past few days but is doing better with each passing day. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.


     Today was such a fun day. In our family we celebrate every single persons birthday by either going to my Nana's or my Aunt Brenda's house for lunch, presents and dessert. We normally combine some together so we aren't meeting every week though. Take today for example- my actually birthday is this Thursday the 4th so it was perfect to have with Easter! The birthday boy/girl even gets their choice of a homemade cake if they want! I love all of the little family traditions we have and can't wait to pass them on someday.

If you look hard enough you can see my Nana's famous german chocolate cake in the lower left hand corner. I started getting it for my birthday years ago and still look forward to it every single year. It's so delicious and contains everything that I love: chocolate, coconut, and nuts! I also loved the decorations and roses she put on the table. How sweet is she?! She even set a lit Sweet Pea candle in front of my cake because that is what my mom used to call me when I was little.

Balloons, balloons, and more balloons! I loved the colors in this picture.

It couldn't be a successful birthday without a Sephora bag! I armed my mom with a list of makeup goodies that I had my eye on last week and I must say that she did an awesome job! I will be doing a haul soon of what I received over on the beauty side of Love Lacey so don't worry about that!

My new obsession, MAC! I got some awesome lipsticks, my first paint pot, and an eyeshadow!

Now for my family!

This is my Grandpa (Jim) and Nana (Velva). I literally couldn't ask for better grandparents! Talk about the most sweet, thoughtful, and loving people you will ever meet. Grandpa could talk/watch sports with all of the men in the family for hours and Nana is the one responsible for that dangerous cake pictured above. As I have gotten older I have realized how lucky I am to have them in my life and that's something I will never forget!

I'm sure you have all seen this face before. This is Jerome, my boyfriend of 5+ years. He usually is doing family stuff on Easter as well so I was so happy when he got to come over today! He is hands down my best friend and partner in crime. Don't worry, I won't get too lovey dovey on you... he's just a great guy!

These are my beautiful cousins, sisters Mallory (3) and Lydia (2). They had such a fun day today and were at just the right age to get really excited for the egg hunt! Our family hides both plastic money eggs and tons of hard boiled ones. This each each kid got to find 9 plastic eggs and as many hard boiled ones as they could find! I think all in all we hid about 5 or 6 dozen for 4 seekers! Believe it or not, today was Mallory's actual 3rd birthday but we celebrated it back on the 17th. Lydia turned 2 March 4th so it worked out perfectly celebrating it right in the middle.

This precious little face is such a blessing to our family! This is Adalynn and my cousins actually adopted her from Russia just within the past year. She is the happiest kid I have ever seen and with that smile and those blue eyes she just melts your heart! I am so proud of my cousins for hanging in there during the rough times and pushing to give this little girl a wonderful life. Our family wouldn't be the same without her!

Say hello to Tyler, the big 17 year old! He and I grew up the closest in age in our family and practically were brother and sister. His mom Lynn is my mom's sister and they live only a few minutes up the street from us. This has made it so easy to meet on short notice for dinner during the week and I love that! He is the friendliest person you will ever meet and makes friends wherever he goes. My life wouldn't be the same with out him! He has made me a better person without a doubt, thanks Ty!

So there you have it! My Easter Sunday, 21st birthday party and family introductions all incorporated in my first ever Day in the Life post. I hope you like reading these as much as I like typing them! I am headed to Opening Day for the Cincinnati Reds tomorrow afternoon so maybe you'll see a post on that in the near future!

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment