Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Courtney's Wedding April 20, 2013

     I was so excited for this day, even a little nervous! Out of my whole group of friends through out high school, Courtney is the first one to begin this wonderful new chapter of her life. I attended her bridal shower a few weeks ago and then her wedding this past Saturday. Everything was gorgeous from the weather to her lace dress. I saw people that I hadn't seen since graduation and it was a great feeling to all share this memory together.


     The wedding was at 4 o'clock at a Baptist church in Kentucky. Unfortunately, I had a whole different dress picked out to wear and as I was putting it on the zipper broke! I have never had that happen but luckily had this back up to throw on. Jerome and I got there around 3:30 and were the first ones there out of our group of friends- we had to save a lot of seats!


     This is Krista, Becky, and Emily some of the greatest girls! I hadn't seen Becky or Emily since graduation (almost 3 years ago) so it was great catching up. Krista and I have been able to meet for lunch and catch up recently- I'm even her maid of honor for her wedding in 2014! 


     Courtney's wedding was beautiful. Her colors must have been yellow and gray and all of the girls carried daisies. The ceremony was pretty straight forward with passages being read and the exchanging of the rings. It was over within an hour, but it's definitely an hour that she will remember forever!


This needs no caption... isn't it just the cutest thing in the entire world!


     After the wedding we all had to take some pictures! I already introduced you to the three girls in the middle but on your far left is Taylor. She was also in my graduating class and we grew up playing softball together. I look up to her because she actually did all of the hair and makeup for the bride and bridal party! I would love to be able to do something like that in the future.


Of course we had Krista take this picture of Jerome and I. We are hardly ever dressed up like this so we have to document it when we can! Didn't he look so handsome? I believe he bought that shirt for one of our high school homecomings- I still love that color!


     Reception time! It was held in a middle school gym right up the road and had a live band which I thought was really neat! Notice the presence of a lot of cowgirl boots and hats, you can definitely tell that we are some small town girls! On your far right is Brooke, my childhood best friend. She was Courtney's maid of honor and looked gorgeous in her yellow dress and boots. I love this picture of all of us. Even though we haven't seen each other for some time, we still talk like we haven't missed a beat. We literally just sat around the table and reminisced about our high school experience- we all miss it so much!

     I just want to say congratulations from the bottom of my heart Courtney. You are such a beautiful person inside and out and I cannot wait to see your beautiful, new life with James unfold. You two make the cutest couple and I wish you the absolute best.

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment